Student artists shared their talents in the annual Dora Khayatt art contest. This year's award winners were announced at the start of ArtsFest on Monday, April 25.
"All of this year's Dora Khayatt submissions were super impressive, and in my opinion, the CCC Gallery looks as beautiful as ever, thanks to the enthusiasm, talent, and creativity of our students," said Upper School Art Teacher Hilary Hutchison, Hon.
More than 40 students submitted their work for consideration in four categories. Check out the winning art work here.
- 1st place - Michael Sophocles '22
- 2nd place - Louis Beardell '23
- 3rd place - Henry Haupt '23
- 1st place - Mahliat Tamrat '23
- 2nd place - I'jaaz Abdul-Malik '24
- 3rd place - Riley Thibodeau '23
- 1st place - Madeline Ott '22
- 2nd place - Taylor Hammond '24
- 3rd place - Kaleigh Criville '24
- 1st place - William Sargent '22
- 2nd place - Hanna Tian '23
- 3rd place - Andy Li '22
The Dora Khayatt Awards were established in 1990 in memory of Dora Khayatt, an artist and the wife of former EA Classics Department Chair John Plant. The Dora Khayatt fund provides annual support for student awards for excellence in the fine arts and music.