The Episcopal Academy seeks a dynamic Upper School math teacher dedicated to creating classroom environments defined by high levels of student engagement and intellectual rigor. Responsibilities will include teaching four sections of upper school math classes, serving as an advisor to a small group of students, participating actively in school life, and working collaboratively with a team of mathematics educators.
At The Episcopal Academy, we are united by our shared mission, rich history, and dedication to excellence. An EA employee:
- Is kid-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
Successful candidates for this position will possess:
- Successful experience planning and delivering a robust and engaging curriculum.
- A track record of delivering consistent high-quality instruction and mentorship.
- A commitment to establishing a culture of positive communication with students, colleagues, and parents.
- A collaborative mindset that seeks out opportunities to work as a part of a high-functioning team.
- Evidence of a desire to remain current and modern in educational research and pedagogy.
- A commitment to building math instruction around application, supported by a strong understanding of theory and process.
- The ability to draw out students' creative solutions, and to develop conceptual understanding beyond procedural fluency
- Experience teaching all levels of high school mathematics from Algebra through Calculus.
Potential candidates should be aware of the following expectations related to training and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics or a related field (required).
- Master's Degree in Mathematics or a related field (preferred).
- Though we will consider candidates at a wide range of experience levels, a minimum of three years teaching experience in secondary education is strongly preferred.
To ApplyInterested candidates should submit the following materials as separate PDF attachments in one email with the subject line "Upper School Math Teacher" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title attachments with your last name, first initial and document name.
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position;
- Current résumé;
- List of three references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each
Position Term Begins: August 2019
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.