The Science Department at The Episcopal Academy has a need for a short-term Upper School environmental science substitute teacher from early March through the end of May 2022. This educator will teach three sections of Advanced Placement Environmental Science and one section of Environmental Sustainability. We seek a collaborative team player excited to be part of a vibrant department dedicated to a new approach to teaching science, committed to building and sustaining inclusive learning spaces, and invested in continued growth as a scientist and educator.
Who You Are
We welcome educators with a variety of backgrounds and are specifically interested in teachers who are:
- Deeply committed to working with all students and believe in the immense potential of all children.
- Thought leaders who continue to demonstrate interest in professional development.
- Team players who recognize the value of diverse perspectives.
- Strong communicators, capable of connecting with students, parents, and colleagues in meaningful ways.
- Passionate about a guided inquiry-based, lab-intensive approach to teaching science.
- Open to a variety of assessment strategies where the student is at the center and application of knowledge is an essential outcome.
- Skilled in developing science curriculum/lesson plans that are inclusive of voices not often seen in the curriculum.
- A sense of humor is always welcome.
A Little More About Us
We believe all Episcopal Academy employees should:
- Be student-centered and show it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embody and live The Stripes.
- Consistently maintain high standards for his or her own work and motivate others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and see others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Foster a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrate a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume, and list of three references as pdf documents to email@example.com. Please include "Upper School Substitute Science Teacher" in the subject line.
Position Term Begins: March 2022
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.