We have an immediate opening for a talented and resourceful Payroll & HRIS Coordinator. This position is responsible for overseeing the organization's Payroll and Human Resource Systems ensuring a positive employee experience through timely, accurate pay, utilizing modern systems and processes. This person will work under the direction of the HR Manager and support all HR related functions.
Who You Are
As a member of the Human Resources Department you will supervise the daily operations of our Payroll and HRIS systems. You will perform a variety of duties some of which are listed below. The successful candidate will ensure that all HR-related systems are regularly updated and compliant with labor regulations. In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, you will enjoy supporting the faculty and staff of this amazing institution.
- Minimum of five (5)+ years payroll processing and HRIS system administration experience required
- Excellent organizational and detail orientation skills
- Proven ability to multitask; manage competing priorities/deadlines
- Proficiency in understanding and applying employment laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related fields
- Be solution oriented, ensure confidentiality of employee information and actively seek opportunities to engage with employees across many school departments
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products with an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to handle difficult situations while maintaining composure
What You'll Do
- Lead and prepare bi-weekly and monthly payrolls ensuring accurate and timely processing
- Responsible for pre and post payroll tasks
- Responds to employee inquiries, wage data, garnishments and payroll adjustments keeping employee experience at the forefront.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislations; advising HR Manager on needed actions.
- Keep up to date with payroll trends, legislative changes and HR policies ensuring efficient and correct utilization of payroll and HRIS system
- Supports annual audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Responsible for for completion of payroll journal entries after biweekly and monthly payroll
- Maintain HRIS systems including but not limited to third party vendors, internal administrative systems and payroll platform
- Ensure data integrity in HR systems by completing regular data audits
- Manage the review, testing, and implementation of HR systems upgrades and communicate changes to impacted employees
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation; train colleagues on system processes/functionality.
- Administer new hire enrollments, onboarding/offboarding and support annual benefits open enrollment, including system maintenance and post-data processing. Maintain benefit records and continuously improve the record-keeping systems. Ensures benefits changes are entered appropriately in the payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Assists employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims with the use of Third Party.
- Assist and support HR related projects and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
A Little More About Us
While each employee at Episcopal brings a unique set of competencies and skills to their work, we believe all employees should:
- Be student-centered, embrace school and life and show it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embody and live The Stripes.
- Consistently maintain high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Foster a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrate a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
Submit a cover letter, resume and 2-3 references to email@example.com with the subject line "Payroll and HRIS Coordinator" Applications will be accepted through Nov. 30 or until interviews begin. Please title attachments as follows: Last name, First name, Name of document.
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.