The Episcopal Academy seeks a chaplain to serve as a spiritual and moral teacher for our Middle School community. Working collaboratively with the Head Chaplain and Lower School Chaplain to deliver Chapel services and religious education, the Middle School Chaplain is one of the school's key spiritual, pastoral, emotional, and intellectual leaders. Chaplains at The Episcopal Academy honor the Epsicopal Church's legacy of inclusion, aspiring to tell and exemplify God's love for every human being. While serving and welcoming people of all faiths, they believe in a loving, liberating, and life-giving God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We seek a Middle School Chaplain energized by EA's mission to both challenge and nurture students, and by our commitment to inspiring our students to lead lives of purpose, faith, and integrity. As such, the Middle School Chaplain will enjoy school life and the diverse range of events and activities at school each day, showing this passion by being a visible, welcoming presence on campus during and after school.
The next Middle School Chaplain at the Episcopal Academy will be a community leader who:
- Is an ordained Episcopal deacon or priest or in the ordination process.
- Teaches 6th, 7th, and 8th, grade religion classes.
- Establishes warm, authentic, and personal relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Sees to the pastoral care of all constituents, acting as a source of strength in times of need and celebration at moments of joy.
- Designs chapel services and learning experiences thoughtfully and with purpose. The Middle School Chaplain will develop and deliver a Middle School Chapel program meeting every other day, and participate actively in Lower and Upper School Chapel services.
- Thinks deeply and with frequent reflection about religious education, participating actively in our ongoing work ensuring that our PreK-12 religious education program is impactful.
- Is attentive to the emotional and spiritual health of the community and its students, collaborating with school psychologists, leaders, advisors and others to ensure student health and wellbeing.
- Possesses strong communication skills, both as a speaker and writer.
- Participates in the development of meaningful community service and engagement experiences.
- Is passionate about spending time with Middle School students, while also working regularly with students and faculty members in other divisions.
The Middle School Chaplain reports to the Head Chaplain and works collaboratively with the Head of Middle School and the full faculty in service of our students and community.
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.
How to Apply
Reverend George Andrews is assisting the school in this search. Please direct inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or (508) 971-9404
Start date: August 2022 (could be earlier if this better suits the top candidate's availability)