Episcopal currently has a full-time opening for a Maintenance Technician. This position is responsible for installation, maintenance, repair, and inspection of various mechanical systems on campus. The skills a qualified candidate must possess include, but are not limited to:
- Working on HVAC systems: Changing filters, cleaning coils, replacing contractors, etc.
- Working on electrical issues: Replacing receptacles, replacing light switches, working with lighting ballasts, replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Carpentry: Putting together furniture, woodworking, hanging drywall, etc.
- Painting: Patching holes in drywall, painting classrooms/offices, painting exterior structures, etc.
- All other work as given: Snow removal, event set-up and break down, traffic duty, etc.
- Is student-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
Candidates will have at least 2+ years experience as a Maintenance Technician. Some core responsibilities of our Maintenance Technician are diagnosing issues, complying with department established service, reading blueprints, keeping current within the trades you work in and adhering to safety regulations and policies. Our preferred candidate will be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers, take direction, work independently, train others when asked and meet the physical requirements of the position description. We prefer a candidate with a focus on and proven record of providing excellent customer service. Candidates who apply should have a willingness to continue their education. All facilities and operations employees are required to assist with special projects and campus-wide events.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by emailing their cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to email@example.com . Enter Maintenance Technician in the subject line. Cover letters, resumes, and references should be submitted in PDF format.
Application deadline: Ongoing
Position start date: As soon as possible
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.