The Episcopal Academy is seeking a warm, joyful, and dynamic long-term substitute classroom teacher for our Lower School starting April 1, 2019 through the end of the school year.
An EA employee...
- Is kid-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
- Bachelor of Arts or a Master's Degree preferred.
- Three years' experience teaching Lower School.
- Strong preference for early elementary classroom teaching experience.
- Experience and knowledgeable in elementary literacy and mathematics programs and best practices.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following materials as separate PDF attachments in one email with the subject line "Lower School Teacher" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title attachments with your last name, first initial and document name.
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position, including where you learned of the opportunity
- Current résumé
- List of three references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each (References will be contacted only with the candidate's permission)
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.