The Episcopal Academy seeks a vibrant full-time Lower School Music Teacher for the 2019-20 school year. The Lower School music program seeks to nurture the enjoyment and performance of music as well as an understanding of musical concepts and skills in a Kodaly based curriculum. This teacher will provide general music, performance and choral instruction to first through fifth-grade students, as well as accompaniment during chapel services.
At The Episcopal Academy, we are united by our shared mission, rich history, and dedication to excellence. An EA employee:
- Is kid-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A delight for working with Lower School children
- Three years' experience of teaching and organizing performances for elementary school students
- A passion for a variety of music genres
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion practices in the classroom and music curriculum
- The ability to plan and accompany Lower School community performances, including the chapel program
- Collaborative spirit and ability to create interdisciplinary learning experiences
- Bachelor degree in Music Education is required. An advanced degree will be viewed favorably
- Piano skills required
To ApplyInterested candidates should submit the following materials as separate PDF attachments in one email with the subject line "Lower School Music Teacher" to email@example.com. Title attachments with your last name, first initial and document name.
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position;
- Current résumé;
- List of three references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each
Position Term Begins: 2019 School Year
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.