The PositionThe lower school librarian works closely with teachers to provide materials and instruction to support the Lower School curriculum. The librarian position entails teaching regularly scheduled classes, collection development, integration of 21st century skills and technology, cataloging, shared Lower School library management, and active participation in the life of the school.
At The Episcopal Academy, we are united by our shared mission, rich history, and dedication to excellence. An EA employee:
- Is kid-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Superb knowledge of children's literature and relevant electronic and educational media.
- Experience with school library programming for children and curricular use of school libraries developed in collaboration with teaching faculty
- High level of competency computer-based library operations and digital information resources.
- Experience working cooperatively and collaboratively with multiple teams.
- Passion for introducing both students and adults to literature and other resources to motivate their reading, promote literacy, and foster a love of learning.
Master of Library/Information Science, necessary, with concentration in School Library Services or education, preferred.
More than 3 years of relevant library or teaching experience required, 5 years preferred.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials as separate PDF in one email with the subject line "Lower School Librarian" to email@example.com. Title attachments with your last name, first initial and document name.
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position and where you learned of the opportunity;
- Current résumé;
- List of three references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each
Start date: August 2019
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.