The Episcopal Academy seeks a warm, joyful, and dynamic educators to serve as Lower School associate teacher during the 2021-2022 academic year. The Lower School associate teacher will collaborate with other teachers to work with children, provide instruction and support for students, and assist with the educational and operational needs of the division throughout the school day.
At The Episcopal Academy, we are united by our shared mission, rich history, and dedication to excellence. An EA employee:
- Is student-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
- A bachelor's degree is required for this position; candidates with master's degrees will be viewed favorably.
- Candidates should have experience working with students in grades PreK-5.
- This position will provide wide-ranging opportunities to work with colleagues and participate in EA's commitment to professional growth. As such, it is an excellent professional opportunity for educators new in their careers and for those looking for a new opportunity.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following materials as PDF documents in an email with the subject line "Lower School Associate Teacher" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title attachments with your last name, first initial, and document name.
- A brief cover letter expressing interest in this position
- Current resume
- List of three references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each (References will be contacted only with the candidate's permission).
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.