The Horizons at The Episcopal Academy (HEA) High School Program Director is responsible for the successful implementation of the summer and year-round learning programs for Horizons high school students. The HEA High School Program Director reports to the HEA Executive Director.
HEA is seeking a goal-oriented self-starter with substantive education background with superior planning, organization, and relationship-building skills. This position includes accountability for program management, family involvement, school year and summer program management, and high school application support for Horizons students grades 8-12. Our goal is to assure that our students are provided with the necessary tools to graduate from high school and enter college or other post-secondary training prepared to succeed and graduate.
The high school program director is a part-time, 10 hour/week position during the school year that involves mostly after school/evening and occasional weekend work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and oversee all tracking systems and student data tools for high school students
- Responsibility for student engagement and retention in the high school program
- Offer one-on-one support for students and their families
- Develop summer programming for high school students including academic workshops, college tours, community service projects, and internships
- Develop school-year programing for 6-8 Saturday/evening events including academic and social-emotional workshops, college tours, career speakers, etc.
- Foster relationships with HEA families to support their children's success and strengthen their connections to the school community
- Design and implement parent education to help families understand high school options, the application process and offer ways that they can support their children
- Offer one-on-one support for Horizons 8th graders during high school application process
- Hire part-time high school coaches when needed to assist with one-on-one support for students and families
- Collaborate with the HEA Executive Director and Program Director to ensure program continuity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience working with urban youth, communities, and families in high-need school districts
- Experience working with and collaborating with secondary and higher education institutions
- Mentoring/tutoring experience and/or meaningful classroom teaching experience
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to connect with a broad range of constituencies
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to interact well with students, parents, teachers, & board members
- Passion for the Horizons mission and an unwavering belief in the power of education and the potential in all young people
Horizons at The Episcopal Academy improves educational outcomes for students from under-served communities by providing quality academic and enrichment opportunities, which enable them to realize their full potential. We offer summer and school-year programming at The Episcopal Academy for students from our partner schools in North Philadelphia and Delaware County.
Location: Newtown Square, Philadelphia, and Lansdowne area
Applications: Please email Courtney Delaney, Executive Director, at email@example.com with a statement of interest and resume.