The Episcopal Academy is seeking a head field hockey coach to lead a program with a longstanding tradition of excellence. Strong candidates for the role will have a track record of success and possess a passion for working with young people as both athletes and human beings. This role is charged with overseeing our robust program from middle through upper school to ensure that our student-athletes, at all levels and abilities, receive consistently strong coaching and mentoring.
At The Episcopal Academy, we are united by our shared mission, rich history, and dedication to excellence. An EA employee:
- Is kid-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
Successful candidates for this position will possess:
- A deep commitment to player wellbeing and success, on and off the field.
- Ability to hire, train and manage a capable and knowledgeable field hockey staff.
- The skills to help ensure that all players at all ability levels from middle through upper school are growing and improving.
- Superb tactical, organizational, motivational and communication skills.
- A desire to build a positive and inclusive team culture.
- A proven capacity to lead a varsity team to success in a competitive league and region.
- A commitment to staying current with the latest ideas in coaching field hockey and athletics more broadly.
- The skills to provide consistently clear, positive, and productive communication with players, families, and members of the faculty.
- Belief in the value of students-athletes playing multiple sports.
- A commitment to supervise all travel, contests, activities and events for the upper school program including JV.
The Field Hockey coach will lead a top-tier field hockey program, which requires flexibility in working hours, including some evening and weekend work.
- A bachelor's degree is required
- High level of playing experience required
- 3 years of coaching experience at the varsity or collegiate level required
Interested candidates should submit the following materials as separate PDF in one email with the subject line "Head Field Hockey Coach" email@example.com. Title attachments with your last name, first initial and document name.
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position;
- Current résumé;
- List of three references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each.
Start date: June 2022
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.