The Computer Science and Engineering Department at The Episcopal Academy is looking to hire a computer science teacher for the 2022-2023 academic year. Established in 2018, our department is growing to meet the diverse needs and interests of our students. Collaborative, creative, and energetic, our new colleague is excited about building and implementing new curricula, developing and delivering a variety of courses, acting as a thought leader and subject matter expert, and contributing to the digital literacy and citizenship of students across all three divisions of the school.
We are looking for a colleague who is committed to a curriculum and learning environment that invites in all students, with particular attention paid to fostering a sense of belonging among students traditionally underrepresented in Computer Science and Engineering.
Who You Are
A key member of the department, you will be involved in all aspects of advancing student learning in computer science, computational thinking, engineering, and problem-solving. We believe you will be equipped to do this at EA if you have:
- Deep commitment to building and sustaining inclusive learning spaces, where all students feel a strong sense of belonging.
- Desire to develop and teach elective courses, including advanced special topic courses, engineering courses, web design, and/or cybersecurity.
- Interest in running STEM-related clubs and competitions.
- Passion for and expertise in growing STEM, robotics, engineering, or similar innovative programs.
- Successful track record teaching digital literacy and/or digital citizenship.
- Interest in collaborating with colleagues in a Pre-K through 12 environment
- Experience with Makerspace tools such 3D printers, laser cutters, Arduinos, etc.
Who We Are
While each employee at Episcopal brings a unique set of competencies and skills to their work, we believe all employees should:
- Be student-centered, embrace school life and show it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embody and live The Stripes.
- Consistently maintain high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Foster a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrate a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
Position Term Begins: 2022-2023 School Year
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.