A key member of a team charged to advance student learning in computer science, computational thinking, and problem-solving, this faculty member will deliver courses and help implement a new series of programs. The ideal candidate will be excited by the opportunity to help the school and our students grow, and to act as a campus thought leader in this work.
About UsAn EA employee...
- Is kid-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Knowledge of pedagogies and tools to develop students' computational thinking and coding skills
- Expertise in Scratch, Python, and Java; capacity to teach AP Computer Science Principles and AP Computer Science A
- Successful track record teaching digital literacy and/or digital citizenship
- Experience with engineering design processes
- Passion and expertise growing STEM, robotics, engineering or similar innovative programs
- Excitement for the possibility of being a key part of the development and implementation of novel programs and initiatives
- Interest in collaborating with colleagues in a Pre-K through 12 environment
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following materials as separate PDF attachments in one email with the subject line "Computer Science Teacher" to email@example.com. Title attachments with your last name, first initial and document name.
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position, including where you learned of the opportunity
- Current résumé
- List of five references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each (References will be contacted only with the candidate's permission)
Position Term Begins: 2019 School Year
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.