A goal-oriented self-starter with superior program management and relationship-building skills, the Associate Director of Annual Giving will work in collaboration with additional Annual Giving team members to conceptualize and manage a sophisticated, strategic, and successful annual fundraising program to ensure the School maximizes philanthropic support aligning with Episcopal's ambitious aspirations.
At The Episcopal Academy, we are united by our shared mission, rich history, and dedication to excellence. An EA employee:
- Is kid-centered, embraces school and life, and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
The ideal candidate for the Associate Director of Annual Giving at The Episcopal Academy will have:
- Previous fundraising or transferable professional experience.
- Demonstrated success in strategy and program development.
- Proven success managing and prioritizing all tasks associated with fundraising work including, but not limited to, writing successful and compelling appeals and proposals; utilizing print and digital strategies to support fundraising efforts; volunteer recruitment and management; donor/client prospecting and identification; making personal solicitations; and experience using CRM systems.
- Demonstrated curiosity, creativity, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Growth mindset with a commitment to professional development and self-improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
It is our expectation that the Associate Director of Annual Giving will:
- Contribute to the strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning in the context of growing the annual giving program (including EITC/OSTC support) while supporting the greater advancement and campaign goals of The Episcopal Academy.
- Develop a pipeline of Annual Giving donors who will ultimately become major gift prospects for the endowment campaign.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects with the capacity and inclination to make leadership-level gifts to The Episcopal Fund. Identify, cultivate, solicit, and close annual gifts.
- Contribute to the promotion of and participant recruitment for the school's EITC/OSTC program.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials as separate PDF in one email with the subject line "Associate Director of Annual Giving " to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title attachments with your last name, first initial and document name.
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position and where you learned of the opportunity;
- Current résumé;
- List of three references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.