The Episcopal Academy seeks part-time instructors for its after-school programming.
At The Episcopal Academy, we are united by our shared mission, rich history, and dedication to excellence. An EA employee:
- Is student-centered, embraces school and life and shows it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embodies and lives The Stripes.
- Consistently maintains high standards for his or her own work and motivates others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and sees others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Fosters a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrates a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
Successful candidates for this position will:
- Make a positive impact on children while receiving hands-on experience is a school setting, professional development, resume building, and networking opportunities.
- Have a flexible schedule with opportunities to work full or partial schedule weekly and a competitive salary.
- Typical hours for Aftercare are 2:30 - 6 p.m. daily, with the option to work full day childcare on days when the faculty have professional development.
- Be responsible for group supervision of students with attention to behavior and group management, health, safety, security, and personal and skill development.
- Inform Director of Afterschool Programs of any concerns regarding the health and safety of the students or other staff members.
- Provide the appropriate ratio. the Director of Afterschool Programs must approve any requests for time off, schedule changes, or alterations to the schedule.
- Implement Aftercare program activities; Includes homework support, outdoor or indoor recess activities as weather permits.
- Use effective classroom management and supervision skills to lead the group assigned to each day.
- Work effectively with fellow Aftercare staff members and collaborate on daily responsibilities.
- Complete assigned paperwork (attendance tracking).
- Serve as a positive role model to children at the school.
- Professional interaction with students, their families, peers, leadership team and the larger school community.
- Push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds across campus.
- Possess physical capacity to fulfill all essential job functions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Previous experience working with children preferred.
- Minimum one (1) years of college completed preferred.
- Complete all background checks required by the Department of Education.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials as separate PDF in one email with the subject line "Afterschool Staff" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title attachments with your last name, first initial and document name.
- Cover letter expressing interest in this position;
- Current résumé;
List of two references, including name, relationship to applicant, phone number, and email address of each.
- Start date: 2021-22 school year
- Application deadline: September 18, 2021
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The Episcopal Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. AA/EEO employer