Top 10 Reasons to Choose EA
We are coeducational.
Students today live in an increasingly global and diverse world and diversity begins with coeducation. The world and the workplace are not gender specific and school is the right place for boys and girls to learn to work and to play together. We are educating future leaders and citizens to thrive and to lead in a global community.
2. We have rigorous academic standards at The Episcopal Academy and we provide a classical education. Our program is renowned for its excellence in the humanities and sciences, focusing on social responsibility and an individual approach to each child.
3. Our faculty and administration will know your child and will nurture his or her particular talents. Your child is part of a true community and participates rather than spectates. Our teachers will work individually with your child in a small class setting, fostering strengths and building self-confidence.
4. We have an excellent faculty, the result of our hard work to discover bright and caring individuals who can serve as teacher, counselor, and coach.
5. We are committed to diversity and attract talented faculty and students who represent the rich diversity of both our region and the world.
6. We have a vibrant arts program with numerous opportunities to
participate in music, drama, dance, and the fine arts. We are one of
the few schools in the nation with a Lower School drama program where
everyone gets to be "on stage." Is it any wonder that Episcopal
students present themselves so well?
7. We require athletics so that all of our students develop an appreciation for healthy living and understand the importance of teamwork.We field 30 highly competitive varsity teams, and while we do make occasional cuts at the highest level, there is a team in every season on which any interested and dedicated student can participate regardless of skill level.
8. We are a faith-based school. Our students attend chapel and take religion classes. In a world that has become increasingly self-centered,our students are regularly asked to think beyond themselves. Here at Episcopal, students develop their mind, their body, and their spirit.
9. We are committed to character education and ethical decision-making. At Episcopal we teach character by living the Stripes, which represent our10 virtues: Self-control, Faith, Honesty, Courtesy, Kindness, Generosity,Gratitude, Courage, Respect, and Sportsmanship. These virtues are embedded in all that we do.
10. Finally, we have a storied history founded in 1785 by members of the first Continental Congress and signers of the Declaration of Independence. In April of 2010 we celebrated 225 years of making a difference in the lives of young people and in building a school community that values service to others and a commitment to excellence.