At The Episcopal Academy, we take a robust approach to Mind, Body, and Spirit, not as discrete activities, but as an holistic approach to educating, nurturing, and
developing boys and girls. We do not believe that Mind, Body, and Spirit are
competing interests at Episcopal, but rather that the three are clearly
inseparable and mutually reinforcing.
- The pursuit of learning is a work for a lifetime.
- Learning emerges from and builds on experience and discovery.
- A healthy lifestyle, including appropriate education and lifelong physical activity, enhances individual mental and spiritual health.
- Athletic competition and sportsmanship contribute to the mental and spiritual well-being of individuals and communities.
- Everyone has inherent worth as a creation of God.
- Every individual shares responsibility for the community.
- Individual moral integrity and a core of common values are essential to every community.
- Mutual respect among people of varied backgrounds and perspectives leads to positive, beneficial relationships.
- Individuals thrive in a safe, nurturing environment where they can be comfortable in taking risks and where they can develop their talents.